Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What I can expect with this protocol

The microdose lupron protocol....

I've been on estrace (estrogen) since day 21 to quiet the ovaries. Once I get my period, I'll go in on day 2 for blood and u/s (any day now).

My meds are as follows:

AM - 20 units of microdose lupron (which is extremely diluted, nothing like the regular lupron protocol)

PM - 20 units of microdose lupon
- 15 units of microdose HCG (also extremely diluted)
- 6 vials of Bravelle.

Yes, my friends, FOUR shots a day! And I asked, but I can't mix them the way you can mix follistim and menopur. I have to do individual shots. Yikes! I think I will have a very sore belly!

So, I'm excited (and nervous) because the meds are completely different than both previous tries. That should shake things up, right? What's that saying - Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results? Well, I'm trying to save my sanity by doing something different this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment