Friday, July 17, 2009

Getting prepared

OK, little miss organized is kicking into gear!

Over the past week, I've put together a pretty intimidating to-do list, sorted by month, of all the things me and my DH need to get done before the Little One arrives! It seems like a never-ending list, but it makes me feel batter when everything is written down and organized.

We also started visiting daycares in the area. Luckily, I live 10 minutes from work, and there are 3 daycares within about 3 blocks of my office. My mom will watch our baby for 2 days a week, and DH's mom for 1 day, so that leaves 2 days open. I keep debating whether I want daycare or a nanny, but I think I'm leaning towards daycare, especially since it won't be full time, and I will only have one child.

I have to say, I was very impressed with the Children of America that I visited. I'm also going to see Bright Horizons and Kiddie Academy. If anyone has any experience with these places, or has heard anything from friends and family, I'd appreciate the feedback!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you are getting down to business! I am a great lover of lists too! They help to keep things from falling between the cracks, they help prioritize, you can add and subtract and modify as needed. I just have to remember where I PUT the list! Very lucky to have good daycare centers so close to work and home, and to have grandmas able to pitch in. Sounds like you've got it covered!

    ReplyDelete