Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Movement!

So.... I think I've been feeling the baby move for the past several days! :)

It's hard to tell, it feels a little like gas, or like your stomach digesting food and shifting a little, but I'm pretty sure it's the baby moving. I like to think it is, anyway! It seems to come in spurts, and it makes me smile every time. It's pretty wild!

Unfortunately, the movements can't be felt from the outside, so DH hasn't gotten to experience it yet, but he asks me each day if I've felt our little one. I can't wait until he starts to feel it, too.

On other physical fronts, my bump is definitely a good size bump now! I love it. It still is not definitely a pregnancy bump, but I play it up by wearing maternity clothes. I've only gained two pounds, but my shape has really changed! I've had 2 people ask me if I'm expecting - one at work, and one at the nail salon. It feels good!

Meanwhile, we just ordered our furniture last night. My mom is buying the crib (and conversion rails - it's a convertible crib), and we're getting a matching dresser/changer combo unit. I originally wanted the hutch to go on top, and a separate armoire, but I realized that is a lot of furniture, and it would give us less flexibility for things like a toy chest, a mirror above the dresser, etc. So we just went with the two pieces, in a style and finish I LOVE (and was highly rated in Baby Bargains), and then we'll add a lot of decorations that can change as our baby grows up. I was able to get a free crib mattress, plus 10% off for opening a credit card, plus there are 15% off coupons effective later this week, so I can go back for a price adjustment. All in all, not a bad deal!

And I did another round of registering. It's exhausting! Learning about everything you need, researching the brands, types, etc., and then picking it out. Whew! I'm going back tonight, then I'll probably need one more trip.

We're also closing in on a daycare - visiting the 3rd place this afternoon, and I've spoken to some baby nurses / postpartum doulas (I want to hire one to help out for the first few weeks - get us into the swing of things!). I feel like I'm moving well through my exhaustive baby checklist and making good progress.

It's an exciting time!

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about all the fun things happening with you these days. It must be amazing to feel the baby move. Soon your DH will be able to put his hand on your belly and feel the baby too. I can't believe you're nearly 20 weeks and have only gained 2 pounds! Wow. All the shopping and registering sounds like fun, even if a bit tiring. You're almost half way there!

    ReplyDelete