Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wow!

Tonight, we did a 3d/4d ultrasound for fun. And it was really fun!!

We invited our moms and my sis-in-law to join us at a place not too far from the house. When you walk in, it looks like a baby shop, with the cutest baby clothes, keepsakes, etc. I stayed away from all of that, otherwise, I might have purchased everything!!

When you go into the ultrasound room, there's the typical table with the computer, but then there's a lot of seating and a big screen TV hanging up in the corner. Perfect viewing angle while you're laying on the bed, so you don't have to strain your neck to see. Plus the guests can easily see, too. When the tech started, it looked the normal ultrasounds we've seen, but then she popped over to 3d, and wow! It was the coolest thing. This was the first time I was seeing our baby in 3d, and I have to say... so adorable! :)

The funny thing is - s/he had BOTH her feet up by the forehead most of the time. At one point, the feet were in the eyes! Quite the flexible baby!! There was a point where s/he was waving, then it looked like s/he was cuddling the knee (which was next to the head). It was really just amazing to see!

We ended up with a DVD set to music, a CD of about 25 pictures in color, and then some of those u/s pics in black and white printed out.

Meet our little one (hand is on the side of face, knee is up against the other cheek):


Waving:










Sleeping:
I'm in love!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I know that this is the first time you've posted pictures, so I feel especially privileged. Your baby is gorgeous! Look at that precious little face! The expressions. The hands. So, so sweet! Thank you so much for sharing this! And I'm sure the grandmas-to-be and your sil were thrilled too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing experience! It really does give you an "inside" early look at your little one. It will be amazing to see the resemblances when s/he is born!!! I have to say, you've got one really cute baby on your hands there. Maybe a future gymnast on your hands??
    I know you are not finding out the baby's gender til D day, but do you have any instincts??

    ReplyDelete